August 09, 2010

Busy Weekend

Where do I begin?  We were on the go all weekend, I guess not so uncommon for those that know us. :) 

My new kick lately has been finding fabulous treasures at garage sales, and I will say this weekend I found a few I love.


Look at all this stuff! Handmade fabric, chalkboard, trunks, patio chairs, an old book, cute tote, window pane, and fly fishing poles (which are not in the picture- sorry Frank). All for under $25.00, what a BARGAIN.

That same day we attended a beautiful wedding at the Landmark Event Center in DesMoines. Despite the weather the bride and groom not only looked amazing, but ran everything flawlessly.
Unfortunately, we have a terrible camera so were unable to take pictures during the wedding.

The following evening we had a BBQ for Vintage (a service at our church). Outcome was great, even with the unpredictable weather. This was also where I was given some helpful packing hints for Africa.  Not sure I can pack all my stuff for 2 weeks in a carry on, but I do think I can narrow my packing to just 1 bag.  Thanks Anndria for the advice! Oh, and there are now 5 days until we take off!

No comments: