January 23, 2011

What doesn't destroy you, will only make you stronger

Perhaps our life the past couple of months wasn't anything we had seen coming, or a very awe-inspiring ride on lifes crazy roller coaster of highs and lows, but what doesn't destroy you, will only make you stronger.  Right? :)
Last night listening to a sermon I went home with a lot of thinking and the phrase "keep your head up" on my mind.
Sure my husband doesn't have a job, or that a teachers salary sucks, or that we have to eat white rice or popcorn for dinner. (Joking, sort of.)  I feel more than ever grateful for all that I have: a savior, husband, family, a job, a house and so much more.  It is about time that I have realized that I don't need anything more and to truly seek what God wants me to do in the lives of others.
"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer" Romans 12:12.   

Hope everyone enjoys their week and remembers to "keep your head up".

2 comments:

Dawn said...

What a great post, Jenna.

Unknown said...

I'm your mom, I'm supposed to be giving you
great advice, but more often than not these days, it seems that you are the one with the profound thoughts. Thanks for reminding me what's truly important. Love ya - Mom